Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Food

I am continuing on my quest to lose weight. We all need to find out what works for us and forget about the cookie cutter approach, pardon the pun. One diet cannot possibly work for everyone. As a WLS patient I have been following the protein first 3 small meals for years and it's not working for me. I started the plant based eating about 2 weeks ago. In   Iess than a week I dropped 4.5 pounds. I don't expect the loss to continue at this rate. I am making all my meals. For breakfast I make oatmeal or Ezekial French toast with flaxseed. For lunch yesterday I had an Amy's vegetarian meal. I have a salad I make every morning for a snack and I make my own smoothies. Then I have fruit or carrots and hummus for a snack. I also like vegetable root chips. I still get hungry between meals but I manage. For dinner, I have had chili; green beans and homemade butternut squash; spinach  kale and feta casserole; and golden potatoes with broccoli, cauliflower and green beans, That recipe I just threw together. Tonight I will probably have lentil soup since I have not had time to soak and cook my beans. And I will have mashed sweet potato and vegetables. This morning I will make oatmeal with blueberries, almond slivers and flaxseed. For lunch I will  have another Amy's black eyed peas and rice and veggie meal. I'll bring my homemade smoothie and some  hummus for snacks. This is a lot of work but I enjoy cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment